Monday, March 21, 2011

A True Story...

It is midnight.
The washroom sink is clogged.
It used to just drain a little slower than it probably should until the husband decided to try to fix it.
Now it doesn't drain at all.
And there's water, as a result, all over the washroom floor.

Husband says to wife, "Don't be angry with me."
Wife replies, "Don't ever do maintanance work again at midnight, promise me!"
Husband looks defeated and says as he crawls into bed, "Okay."
The wife asks a few minutes later, "Don't I get a kiss goodnight?"
Husband responds, "There's a maintenance ban on right now."
Wife is confused, "What? I'm not an appliance?"
Husband explains, "You're high-maintenance. You're the biggest, highest-maintenance appliance in this house."
Wife questions, "Bigger than the fridge?"
Husband concludes conversation, "Yes."

4 comments:

  1. ahhhh yes Missy....there will be many stories to come in your marriage...the good thing is that most of them will be laughed at in hind sight :)! And those we can't laugh at we can definitely learn from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. David called me a Sexy Beast once...a kind of compliment if your a cow! Also I take Mike is a morning person? And one thing I have learned from almost 4yrs of marriage, you can't marry a non-handy man and expect him to be handy...aka why I have a fixer-upper house that's not fixed up. Coming from a farmer Dad this is frustrating. But you look at the things you did marry him for. his humor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to know there are equally incompetent handymen as I am in the world :D I have an unfinished closet project, drywalling project, storage area organization project, and office cleaning project (yes I know that last one is cleaning, not maintenance, but they are one and the same) :D Keep up the good work Mike

    ReplyDelete
  4. i use a crochet hook in our tub drain and it works like magic to get things draining again :)

    ReplyDelete