Sunday, September 11, 2011

Not as those without hope

"...that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope." 
--- 1 Thessalonians 4: 13---

 Yesterday I had a divine appointment with a book, a news station, and the Holy Spirit.

While waiting for some work to be done on our vehicle Mike and I were sitting in McDonald's reading and studying. I was working through Alva J. McClain's book The Greatness of the Kingdom and specifically, a chapter on the blessings of the coming kingdom. In the background and frequently distracting me from my reading was picture after picture after video footage after testimony recounting that tragic day that ten years ago shook up and impacted this country so deeply. As I continued reading in between watching I began to realize the stark contrast between the words on the pages of the book and the reality of the events that were being remembered and which are not too far back in my own memory either. In my own little world I realized that I was seeing

the depths of the depravity of man,
the deep mark and consequences of sin upon this world,
and the hopelessness and insecurity that people live in day after day
starkly contrasted with 
the greatness of the Messiah who willing took upon himself the depravity of man,
the One who is coming again to finally remove the effects of sin and to restore this creation to its former glory, and the security and hope that no circumstance of this world, not even death can take from me.

It was one of those moments where I realized anew that there is so much more to this life than this life alone and that I truly am not as one who is without hope! In this is a renewed thankfulness and a refreshed plea in my heart: "Come, Lord Jesus (Rev 22:20), please come quickly!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away..."Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them, and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away. And He who sits on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new"...there will no longer be any curse; and the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and His bond-servants will serve Him; they will see His face, and His name will be on their foreheads..."And behold, I am coming quickly. Blessed is he who heeds the words of the prophecy of this book."
--- Revelation 21: 1, 3-5; 22: 3-4, 7 ---

No comments:

Post a Comment