Thursday, November 17, 2011

An Extra Dose of Fun

My family is all about surprises....One time my dad had me organize our Oregon Coast road trip just to distract me from the surprise Disneyland vacation they already had planned (I spent a lot of time researching places to stay and see when I found out it was only a decoy...but Disneyland sure was fun!). Another time, while Mike and I were dating long distance, I was sent out by my mom to take something to the garage freezer where I discovered Mike standing at the door. The surprises certainly make life interesting and add an extra dose of fun to my already very blessed life!

A couple weekends ago I had just gone back to sleep after dropping Mike off at the airport in the early hours of the morning (so he could go be with his family for his Grandmother's funeral), when my phone rang. "How would you like some company for the weekend? Mandy and Mitch have found a flight and are flying in tonight." How would I like company? Oh my, how I would like company! That morning they had randomly checked flights to Dallas, knowing I was home alone for the weekend, and had found a last-minute seat sale.

What an extra dose of fun for me! We had a wonderful weekend together, just the three of us, hanging out, shopping, eating at some Texas favourites, and exploring the city. (By the way, did you know that Fort Worth is the #1 tourist location right now in Texas? This we heard at the tourist information center.)


1 comment:

  1. Your family is great at surprises! So glad you guys got some unexpected time together. I just showed the kids your pics and Addie's eyes got real big as she exclaimed, "What! Mitch is older??" Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete