Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Reformation Day!

"Since then your serene majesty and your lordships seek a simple answer, I will give it in this manner, neither horned nor toothed. Unless I am convinced by the testimony of the Scriptures or by clear reason (for I do not trust either in the Pope or in the councils alone, since it is well known that they have often erred and contradicted themselves),
I am bound by the Scriptures I have quoted and my conscience is captive to the Word of God
I cannot and I will not retract anything, since it is neither safe nor right to go against conscience. I cannot do otherwise, here I stand. May God help me. Amen."
----- Martin Luther -----

" 62. The true treasure of the church is the most holy gospel of the glory and grace of God."
----- The 62nd of Luther's 95 Theses -----


The door of the Castle Church on which it is traditionally 
believed that Luther nailed his 95 Theses in 1517.
- Wittenberg, Germany - April 2009 -

The tower of the Castle Church. 
The words around the tower are Luther's from 
A Mighty Fortress is Our God.
- Wittenberg, Germany - April 2009 -

No comments:

Post a Comment